Peace Frame - CropStop

Embossed Fabric Tape Peace Frame Tutorial by Dana Tatar

Thanks for joining me today! I'm sharing an altered frame for my third Guest Design project for CropStop. I'm loving the pretty pastel color palette of this piece! I used the Tim Holtz Spring 2012 Distress Ink Set on the frame and Radiant Rain Honeydew Mist with a 6x6 Mini Word Collage Template from The Crafter's Workshop for the image inside the frame.

Embosed Fabric Tape Colored with Distress Ink by Dana Tatar

I wanted to dress up this white frame, so I embossed strips of fabric tape and colored them with Distress Ink.

Parrot Green and Yellow Sheer Ombre Ribbon Bow by Dana Tatar

I finished the frame with a beautiful bow made with Parrot Green and Yellow Sheer Ombre Ribbon.

How to Emboss Frabric Tape by Dana Tatar

I started with a roll of Prima Cotton Writers Tape and the Couture Creations Damask Embossing Folder. I cut 4 pieces to fit my frame, placed them inside the embossing folder and ran them through my embossing machine.

Embossed Fabric Tape Strips by Dana Tatar

I added color to the tape with Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.

How To Cover A Frame With Embossed Fabric Tape by Dana Tatar

I then trimmed the edges of the tape to fit inside the frame. 

Embossed Fabric Tape Frame by Dana Tatar


How to Use Mist With A Stencil by Dana Tatar

I used Radiant Rain Honeydew Mist, a 6x6 Mini Word Collage Template from The Crafter's Workshop and a piece of watercolor paper to create the piece for the inside of the frame.  I positioned the template on my paper and lightly sprayed over the template with the mist.

Misted Word Collage Art by Dana Tatar

Once the mist was dry I used the template as a stencil and traced around it with a Black Soot Distress Marker.

Misted and Stenctiled Word Art Collage by Dana Tatar

Here is a close-up of the paper before framing.  I love the shimmer of the Radiant Rain Mist!

Embossed Fabric Tape Peace Frame by Dana Tatar for CropStop

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to try embossing fabric tape!  Stop by again next week for my last project. I'm also going to share some before and after photos of my embossing folder, die and stamp collection, which has been organized with my new Pocketz Pages!

CropStop Supplies:
Couture Creations Damask Embossing Folder
 Tim Holtz Spring 2012 Distress Ink Set
 Radiant Rain Honeydew Mist
 The Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Mini Word Collage Template
  Parrot Green and Yellow Sheer Ombre Ribbon
Black Soot Distress Marker

Visit the CropStop Store today.  Use the discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase of $30 or more!

Supplies: Watercolor Paper: GCD Studios; Tape: Prima; Embossing Folder: Couture Creations; Ink: Ranger; Marker: Ranger; Mist: Creative Imaginations; Template: The Crafter's Workshop; Other: Ribbon

Embossed Fabric Tape Peace Frame Tutorial by Dana Tatar for CropStop

Comments

  1. Super cute project! I love how uniquely you used the products.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment